Friday, August 18, 2006

What do you do when...

Hello gentle readers...

Well, things are moving along swimingly. I received my promotion at the day job. I'm now an accredited pet trainer. I have three classes going right now and I really enjoy them. But I have a dilemma...

What do you do when you are called to minister and your regular job drains you? This is where I'm at right now. To be fair to our members and friends, I truly need to devote a good bit of my time to phone calls and visits. It just isn't that easy with the hours I work. So I've spent the past couple of weeks or so just being quiet. I know there are needs out there, but I've just not felt I can make a positive impact on others at this point.

I am reminded of when Jesus went off to pray. There were folks with him, although they surely weren't much of a support system. When Jesus needed them the most, to support him and move the ministry of God's Word forward, what did they do? They fell asleep. Yep, they crashed. How discouraged Jesus must have felt! He knew he had to accomplish overcoming death and bring salvation to those who would believe on him. Yet, there he was alone without the help of those who were to minister with and for him.

I can only say that, as one who is supposed to lead, it isn't easy to feel like you're going it alone. Oh sure, I know others are doing the ministry sending cards, making calls, visiting the sick, and bringing communion to the homebound. I simply feel set apart from this effort. How does one lead? How does one organize individuality? This is my place right now.

I know that God has me in the right place at the right time. But, I am easily discouraged at this point. There's so much to accomplish and so little time to accomplish it!

All I can do in this place is trust that God is guiding. To do what I know to do and to not do it would be sin. So, I continue to try to minister healing to God's children, even when I seem to have no direction. It's all about the trust. It's all about the faith. It's all about the hope.

Today, when you look at what you need to do and how limited your time and budget are, remember the trust, faith and hope that God brings to you. Step back. Take a deep breath. And go forward knowing that God goes with you.

This is my prayer for you: That you would know God intimately, walk in faith, know to trust, and offer hope to the world around you. I would hope you would pray the same for me.

God's blessings,
CLG-B

No comments: