Monday, January 31, 2005

It's a cloudy, yucky Monday

My dear readers,

Welcome to the first of a new week. Can you believe that January is now just about gone? Why is it that when we get older, time seems to go by faster? Hmmm.

Today I did the flop the Bible open test. Interesting passage of scripture today. Psalm 120:6-7. "I am tired of living here among people who hate peace. As for me, I am for peace; but when I speak, they are for war!" The notes on the bottom of my NLT Bible are pretty clear. The glory of war is in the hope of winning. The glory of peacemaking is in the hope that it may produce two winners. My friends, there is NO glory in war.

How quickly we get on the bandwagon to war. Our emotions are riled up and we cry for blood. It would seem to me that in this age of grace, as Christians, we should be waging peace. I see so many preachers crying out for the blood of the children of Ishmael. It's like both societies have a holy war against the other. The problem with holy wars is that they are not holy...but they are certainly war.

And what about this idea of a pre-emptive war? Is there really such a thing? Or is that a fancy word for gaining control of a sovreign country for whom we have great dislike? I'm putting my money on #2. Pre-emptive? That just means you go first. Okay, who starts war? Duh...the one who goes first.

Again, I draw our attention to Christian people and preachers, especially those who would use this war as a means of emotionalism from the pulpit. My gentle readers, dear brothers and sisters in Christ, I implore you to pull away from this war. I implore you to turn your attention to peace. I implore you to reach out to each other in love and godly concern. The Bible is clear that others will know us by our love, not our war!

Reach out to the children of Ishmael, followers of Muhammed and offer them the hand of peace and welcome. It is the only way we will be able to create peace in our world.

May God speak to your hearts and bless your lives according to His riches in Christ Jesus...

CLG-B

No comments: