Saturday, January 22, 2005

Prayer Request

Hello dear friends,

I am writing this blog to ask for your prayers. My partner, Patti,is having surgery on Monday 1/24. I, of course, will be by her side. The surgery is quite invasive and extensive. That will mean minimal blogging for the next few days. If you would, please remember Patti in your prayers.

On a lighter note, I read a version of this on Beliefnet and it cracked me up...

St. Peter was looking at martial arts masters for entry into heaven. He called a Japanese, Chinese and Jewish expert in the use of swords. The first to demonstrate his skills was the Japanese master. He walked into the court, let loose a fly and with a whoosh of his sword cut the fly in two. St. Peter was impressed! But then the Chinese master entered the court, let loose a fly and with two swings of his sword,cut the fly into four pieces. St.Peter was amazed and all of his guests were extremely impressed! But, then came the Jewish master. He let loose a gnat and with one swipe, the gnat flew away free. "Aha!", said St. Peter. "You missed!" The Jewish master, not missing a beat replied, "Circumcision not meant to kill!"

I love that!

Blessings to all for a wonderful Lord's Day. I will post on the wonder of God's healing through the use of doctors as soon as possible. I appreciate your prayers during this time. We are counting on you to be our intercessors!

Many blessings,

No comments: